Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A.R's Spotlight: Kiki Haynes-Bell

Ki Ki Haynes and A.R.
Kiki Haynes-Bell, was the Hostess of Video Undaground from 1998 – 2000 (Interviews conducted include: P. Diddy, 112, Silkk The Shocker, Tank, Cam’Ron, Alicia Keys and countless others). She has made major moves since leaving the show. The day I met Kiki I knew her hustle was serious. That day she came to Video Undaground’s annual cookout in Harlem and interviewed the then No Limit / Priority Records R&B artist Mechalie Jameson. I put her on the spot and first time out she conducted the interview like a veteran. Priority Records Executive, Mike Cole, was also there and couldn't believe it was only her first interview. Needless to say I was both impressed and blessed to be able to bring her on deck.

Kiki has since moved to L.A. and has become an Actress. Her first credited role was the year 2000 release of “Bamboozled” written and directed by Spike Lee. To date her filmography includes: “Cutthroat Alley”, “Nora’s Hair Salon”, “Restraining Order”, “Rings”, “A Different Light”, “Tournament of Dreams”, “Shattered!”, and she has just wrapped production of “Double Duty”. She is also featured in the book “Self Management for Actors” by Bonnie Gillespie. The book includes Kiki’s essay “The Power of the Word No” which is one of 50 contributing essay’s made by the acting community of working professionals. There is no question as to why she is spotlighted here both for her success and because it’s clear to me that she has a bright future ahead of her.

UPDATE 2013 - Ki Ki is currently Co-Starring in Tyler Perry's "For Better or Worse" on TBS.

1 comment:

  1. Dre... Im am just in awe!!! Im reading it about me and I feel like Im reading about someone else..somebody who's doing it, lol. Hearing the things u've accomplished vs knowing it is totally different. Esp with how things have slowed a lil lately with the whole economy changing n all, I cant tell u how reading this has reminded me how blessed I am and how far I've come. Wow, from the bottom of my heart thanku ~xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete